Arobas Personnel is looking for a senior project manager for one of its clients for a 12 months mandate in Montreal.
● Application Migration
● Application Testing
● Application Certification
● A mix of COTS and custom client-server and web applications
● A mix of relational (Oracle and MS SQL) and NoSQL (MongoDB, Cassandra) databases
● A variety of operating systems (primarily Windows with some Linux)
● Primarily VMs (VMWare) with some dedicated hardware
● Many system interfaces
● Large volumes of data in some cases
● New hardware which could involve domain and IP address changes
● Complex upstream / downstream dependencies - not all within the sole responsibility of the Applications Solutions group
● Minimal downtime during migration
Type of Service:
Role and Responsibilities
The Senior Project Manager has direct responsibility for on-time, on-budget delivery of the MRC
Applications Migration. The Senior PM will oversee the day-to-day coordination and administration of all aspects of the project including planning, organisation and execution as it relates to both business and technical activities. A one year engagement is anticipated.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Plan the Project
● Plan the delivery of the overall Applications Migration project; and
● Develop and manage project schedule, resource allocation and budget considering all aspects of the MRC data centre migration initiative.
Organize the Project
● Ensure that project activities operate as per the policies and procedures and comply with all relevant legislation and professional standards; and
● Ensure that project and project methodology is based on best practices to ensure strong knowledge management and promote collaboration within and between teams.
Lead the Project
● Provide appropriate information to various committees and management teams for decision making to ensure effective and efficient project delivery; and
● Maintain continuous communication to ensure common understanding among stakeholders and other technology teams.
Execute and Control the Project
● Ensure that the project operates within the approved budget, schedule and quality criteria;
● Ensure that all project records are readily available, accurate and current; develop status reports on the project for management and for stakeholders; and
● Identify and evaluate risks associated with project activities and implement mitigation strategies.