Location: Montreal, 3-minute walking distance from Namur metro station
dormakaba has been ranked in the top 100 global tech leaders by Thomson Reuters!
The dormakaba Group is one of the top three companies in the global market for access and security solutions. The company is a single source provider of products, solutions, and services related to doors and secure access to buildings and rooms. Everything we do is geared toward developing access and service solutions that not only make buildings safer and smarter but also provide constant reassurance.
No matter where you are if you need reliable and innovative access and security solutions, we will provide you high-quality service – in hotels, shops, sports facilities, airports, hospitals, at home or in the office. Around the globe.
With over 16,000 employees worldwide (450 in Montreal), dormakaba is present in over 130 countries and has more than 150 years of experience. The dormakaba Group headquartered in Rümlang, Switzerland, is quoted on the Swiss stock exchange and generates annual revenues of over 3 billion Canadian dollars.
dormakaba offers you a career, not a job. Join dormakaba now and make a real difference in creating the next generation of products and services that will impact future generations. For more information, please visit www.dormakaba.com
The Product Manager is responsible for product life-cycle management and product portfolio management of assigned AS Americas Multihousing and Vacation Rental product lines. The Product Manager will apply a blend of technical and business competencies to optimize product line technology and performance, while simultaneously driving superior customer satisfaction and product line growth and profitability. This position will interface internally with diverse business unit functions (e.g. engineering, sales, operations, service, etc.) as well as corporate management, and externally with customers and various sales/distribution channels on a global basis.
Core responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Manage the overall product strategy and roadmap for assigned Multihousing and Vacation Rental product portfolios in the Americas, working in close collaboration with sales, engineering, operations, service and customers to gather and prioritize product and market requirements. This includes roadmap coordination with counterparts in other regions of the globe.
• Deliver appropriate product project deliverables such as requirements documents, business cases, product training, ramp up/down plans, sales forecasts, service strategies etc.
• Closely monitor the Multihousing and Vacation Rental industries and maintain intelligence on competitors, document product benchmarks, and foresee changes in the market. Identify technical as well as design trends and drive changes in the dormakaba product offering and marketing mix as required.
• Coordinate with Product Marketing Management, Sales, and Finance to set prices based on market data, and derive price points by channel.
• Coordinate with the Product Marketing Manager, and Marketing Communications teams to ensure delivery of accurate and effective marketing material to our customers and sales teams, including but not limited to sell sheets, product training, brochures, specification summaries, etc.
• Maintain detailed understanding of industry standards and other relevant building code compliance and performance certification requirements across the region for the Multihousing and Vacation Rental portfolio.
• Coordinate regularly with the Lodging Global Business Owner team to ensure we communicate local market requirements and leverage dormakaba global technology platforms.
• Be the face of Multihousing and Vacation Rental product lines to market, participating and presenting in industry events, trade shows, speaking engagements, external partner events, and internal sales meetings.
• Bachelor's degree in business or engineering
• 3-5 years of experience in a product management role
• Experience with lock and access control systems
• Experience with electronic locksets (standalone and wireless)
• Familiarity with Stage Gate/New Product Development Processes
Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
• Demonstrated experience in gathering and transforming market needs into successful product requirements and features
• Ability to think and grasp abstract and tangible concepts and ideas
• Creative thinker bringing innovation and market relevance to product feature design and direction
• Sound decision maker
• Outgoing personality, high energy, and passion for solving the challenges at hand
• Able to guide executives, peers, and cross-functional stakeholders through product and solution vision discussions
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
• Must be willing to comply with pre-employment screening, including but not limited to, reference verification and the background check
• Must have unrestricted Canadian work authorization
• Add or send if possible two versions of your CV (French and English) *****@*********.com or visit www.dormakaba.com.
Please note that the masculine is used for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We subscribe to the principle of employment equity and encourage applications from the four designated groups identified in the Employment Equity Act.