Would you like to be part of an organization that is focused on sustaining and improving the Public Safety Radio Network (PSRN) services that our Province relies on to protect our communities and keep Ontarians safe during emergencies? Are you an innovative and collaborative leader that identifies opportunities for continuous improvement and building strong relationships and partnerships to meet program goals and objectives? Does Public Safety Radio Network operations and oversight, procurement & contract management, customer service, and project management interest you? If so, consider this opportunity within the Ministry of the Solicitor General (formerly Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services).
The Government of Ontario is taking immediate action to replace the province's aging Public Safety Radio Network, which more than 38,000 first responders across the province rely on. This mission critical network provides mobile radio communications, which is a communication lifeline in emergency situations for ambulance, paramedic, and hospital services, the Ontario Provincial Police, correctional services, natural resources, transportation, revenue enforcement, environment enforcement and parks when responding to the needs of the public. The network covers approximately 750,000 square kilometers making it the largest public safety radio network in North America.
The Government Mobile Communications Branch is looking for a talented Network Transition Lead to work amongst a diverse team of Ontario Public Service (OPS) professionals on this high profile, complex, challenging, enterprise-wide, public safety transition project. In this position you will lead projects and teams related to the planning and implementation of the new network across the Province.
If you have proven experience working on large scale, complex projects and project teams like this or multiple concurrent IT projects and want to be part of the dedicated team revitalizing the critical lifeline of emergency response in Ontario, we want you!
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• Plan, manage and coordinate the network transition and change management processes for the PSRN project
• Develop and maintain linkages among all project participants and stakeholders
• Develop detailed project plans, identify priorities and resource requirements, and ensure that business/service requirements are accurately reflected in project development
• Plan, coordinate, manage and control all technical elements of projects in keeping with processes and corporate and industry standards to minimize risks, and meet time, cost and service delivery expectations
• Develop strategic and tactical transition plans in support of a phased network service transition of multiple public safety user groups; monitor progress and ensure that critical contractual and operational milestones and timelines are met, in conjunction with PSRN Project participant ministries and the private sector contractual partner
• Provide technical and analytical expertise for special projects
• Develop technical and operational risk management strategies and contingency plans
• Coordinate implementation to minimize the impact on the response and performance of public safety/emergency services.
Location: North Bay, Toronto
How do I qualify?
• You have knowledge of telecommunications technology and its application in public safety and emergency service environments
Project Management Skills:
• You have knowledge of project management techniques to lead multiple projects and provide leadership by monitoring performance and advising steering committees on project direction and recommended course of action
Problem Solving and Analytical Skills:
• You can negotiate and resolve service delivery/network transition with private sector partners and ministries
Issues Management Skills:
• You demonstrate issues management skills to manage sensitive network planning issues, including service delivery, security and health and safety implications
Communication and Interpersonal Skills:
• You have communication skills to establish project teams and partnerships with stakeholder ministry groups
• You have training skills to oversee the development and implementation of technical training programs
• You can promote project deliverables/change management approaches and mediate conflicts
Salary Range: $71,243 - $104,983 per year
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 133477, by Friday, May 3, 2019. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario's Human Rights Code.