Ariva, a wholly owned and operated Domtar business, offers a spectrum of best-in-class solutions to help businesses communicate, collaborate and compete more effectively. Ariva builds on the rich heritage of the Domtar Distribution Group, Canada’s premier source for high quality paper, packaging and graphic supplies. But we’re much more than a paper distribution company.
Domtar is the largest integrated manufacturer and marketer of uncoated freesheet paper in North America and the second largest in the world based on production capacity. We believe sustainable operations are a crucial piece of our business strategy and another means of bettering our customer service and product offering. We play a major role in the communities in which our operations are located and are committed to being environmentally responsible. Ariva offers competitive compensation and benefits combined with several health and wellness programs.
Based out of our office located in Mississauga (Ontario), we have a full-time opportunity available within the IT Department.
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee the implementation, deployment and operation of information application systems and technology solutions;
- Assist management with the vision, direction and facilitation of IT strategic and future planning. Stay informed on new or emerging technologies that provide clear benefits to the Ariva, its Vendors and Customers;
- Responsible for the planning, organization, implementation, and conclusion of a specific, major work undertaking on behalf of the business. This includes project identification and initiation, project planning, project execution, project control and project close-out;
- Manage IT systems development and/or vendor application integration project life cycle from requirement analysis to customer acceptance;
- Leads project teams using best practices project methodologies. Drives, refines and supports the development of best practices within the managed team;
- Develops, tracks and manages project budget, project plans, timelines and scope;
- Responsible for assisting with SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) activities;
- Complete management and ownership of the enterprise resource planning software and all of its integrations;
- Responsible for prioritizing daily incidents and requests for change. Ensure that appropriate resources are applied for timely resolution;
- Supervise a skilled team of IT professionals; help guide the professional development of IT team;
- Manage IT Functional Team Leads and provide vision, direction, instructions and guidance to achieve project objectives;
- Collaborate with Domtar IT organization on various Ariva and Domtar initiatives, project management, best practices and technology;
- Adherence to security and compliance requirements;
- Contribute to the security awareness program and adopt the good behaviour.
The Successful Incumbent will have:
- University Degree in Computer Sciences or Equivalent;
- A minimum of 5 years Information Technology experience in development, integration and project delivery roles and SAP;
- Minimum 5+years project management experience. (Optionally) Project Management Professional Certification or equivalent;
- Working knowledge of SAP ECC 6 Modules of Sales & Distribution, Logistics, Material Management, Procurement and FICO;
- Knowledge of web Methods integration platforms;
- Sound knowledge of Software Development and Solutions Delivery life cycles with demonstrated experience in leveraging methodologies to enable results;
- Solid foundation in a wide variety of technology;
- Strong leadership skills. Ability to work well in a team environment and to build strong teams;
- Excellent analytical skills for identifying problems and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Well-developed presentation skills;
- Distribution business knowledge would be an asset.
While we appreciate all the responses we receive, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Domtar Inc. subscribes to an equal employment opportunity program and invites women, visible minorities, aboriginals and disabled persons to submit an application.
Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.