The Planning and Performance Specialist supports Quinte Health’s strategic, corporate and operational planning, including organizational performance reporting. Working closely with the leadership team, in addition to internal teams and external partners, the Specialist will aid in the development, monitoring and reporting of the organization’s long-term and annual planning cycles and use project management best practices to lead key projects across the organization. This role is critical to help Quinte Health respond to changing organizational demands by supporting effective decision-making, clarity of direction against organizational priorities, coordination of activities, and allocation of resources.
• Support the annual business planning process and cycles, including the development of annual organizational priorities, initiatives, measurement and reporting.
• Coordinate multi-year planning for the organization and the annual priority development cycle to advance the strategy of the organization.
• Support the implementation and monitoring of priority projects along with an assigned project lead.
• Work with senior leadership to track and monitor execution of the strategy, including regular performance and strategy reviews, and providing advice on strategic choices and the path forward.
• Work with senior leaders to identify, prioritize and deliver on new opportunities to achieve strategic goals and priorities.
• Work with leaders to ensure all Quinte Health team members and key partners understand and can help implement the strategic, organizational and operational priorities.
• Lead situational analysis, environmental scanning, literature and data analysis to ensure Quinte Health is aware of and responding to evolving situations and new opportunities.
• Communicate key insights and relevant facts effectively to different audiences, including crafting compelling narratives and proposals with a keen eye to strategic positioning.
• Plan and lead group facilitation and workshops to build on ideas and achieve desired goals with a high level of situational awareness.
• Develop and deliver innovative presentations, comprehensive reports and proposals to all levels of the organization.
• Build relationships and partnerships among multiple stakeholders within and beyond Quinte Health, including front line staff and leaders across clinical programs, support services as well as with a wide range of external partners.
• Provide project management and change management expertise and support to program and senior leaders in the planning, development, coordination and implementation of projects to support achievement of the Quinte Health strategy and priorities.
• Post-secondary degree in Health Administration, Business Administration or other relevant discipline required. Master’s degree preferred.
• Minimum three years’ experience in strategy, planning and senior-level performance reporting.
• In depth knowledge of business analytic frameworks, strategies, technologies, and processes to support strategic and operational planning and evaluation.
• Ability to lead, partner and influence actions and outcomes internal and external to the organization.
• Proven communication, change management, facilitation and engagement skills.
• Ability to demonstrate and embed principles of diversity, equity and inclusion into organizational engagement and planning.
• Superior analytical skills and ability to understand and simplify complex concepts and materials.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines while remaining flexible to changing priorities.
• Solid understanding of the health care landscape in Ontario and beyond.
• Demonstrated high level of initiative and self-direction.